Moist, fluffy and easy to prepare, it’s difficult to imagine that this vegan banana bread recipe is dairy free and prepared using whole-wheat flour! Perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea, it’s a delicious and healthy treat!
Vegan Dairy Free Banana Bread
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour sifted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- ½ cup organic canola oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 4 large overripe bananas peeled and mashed
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- brown sugar to coat
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon
- 26 cm x 11cm loaf pan lightly greased
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl add the whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the organic canola oil, apple cider vinegar, soy milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined, stir through the bananas.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the greased loaf pan, sprinkle the walnuts and brown sugar on top. Bake in the oven for roughly 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
Equipment: This recipe may contain links to products and equipment that I use and love myself. The links may contain affiliate links, meaning if you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and does not include any other condiments or garnishes. Although Curated Life Studio attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered as estimates and do not replace or substitute a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Loved This Recipe?
It would make my day if you left a comment below, or shared this post with your friends and family!
Hey There, I’m Kylie. My passion is plant-based recipes and I want to help you create something gorgeous!
I believe in taking a slow approach to food – to eat locally, seasonally and consciously.
When I’m not taking photos, you can find me wandering the coastal paths of South-East Australia.