The Best Quinoa, Corn and Black Bean Salad with Avocado
This is the BEST recipe for Corn and Black Bean Salad! Healthy, EASY to prepare & fresh, making it perfect for summer! The best part? It's vegan & gluten free!
Servings: 4 servings (main)
Quinoa, Corn and Black Bean Salad with Avocado
- 3/4 cup tri-coloured quinoa rinsed
- 1 400ml can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2.5 cups frozen organic corn kernels, thawed (or 2 ears of corn, cooked and shucked)
- 1 small red or yellow capsicum diced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small lebanese cucumber diced
- 1 avocado seed removed, cubed
- 1 mango seed removed, cubed (optional)
- 1/2 bunch of coriander leaves removed and roughly chopped
Cumin & Lime Vinaigrette*
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
How to make Corn & Black Bean Salad
In a medium-sized pot, add the quinoa and 1½ cups of water. Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 20 minutes under the quinoa is el dente. Strain and set aside to cool. (This step can be prepared 1 to 2 days in advance).
In a medium-sized salad bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn kernels, capsicum and cherry tomatoes. Set aside while you prepare the dressing.
In a small ramekin or glass bowl, whisk the lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, ground cumin and sea salt.
* Corn & Black Bean Salad Dressing Alternative - other dressings which taste amazing in this recipe can be found HERE.
** Serving - While this recipe can be prepared in advance, to keep all the ingredients fresher for longer, add the vinaigrette, mango and avocado on the day of serving.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 55.4g | Protein: 11.7g | Fat: 21.9g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 1148mg | Fiber: 13.7g | Sugar: 13.4g | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 4mg