Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Fresh, bright and perfect for summer, learn how to make Fresh Spring Rolls at home with my BEST EVER peanut dipping sauce
Servings: 8 makes
Fresh Spring Roll Ingredients
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles cooked and cooled
- 8 (22cm) rice paper rounds (spring roll wrappers)
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 medium lebanese cucumber washed and peeled into strips
- 1 cup snow peas blanched*
- 100 g red cabbage thinly shredded
- 150 g marinated tofu thinly sliced and pan fried (optional)
- cilantro or coriander leaves (to serve)
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon juiced
How to Make Spring Rolls
Ensure all your ingredients are prepared, cooked and within reach. Ensure you have a medium sized bowl or sheet pan, filled with warm water so the rice paper can fit snugly in, and a damp towel to assemble the fresh spring rolls.
Soften the rice paper round in warm water for approximately 20 seconds, until soft and pliable. Remove from the water and carefully place on a damp towel.
Working from 1 inch from the borrom, cover 1/3 of the rice paper round with the thinly sliced cucumber. Thereafter, top with the cooked vermicelli rice noodles, cooked marinated tofu, carrot sticks, cabbage and plenty of cilantro leaves.
Fold the bottom edge over the filling until it's snug and well enclosed. Fold over each end to secure the filling (like an envelope), then continue to roll until the fresh spring roll is wrapped.
Repeat with the remaining rice paper rounds and ingredients and serve with your Favourite Dipping Sauce! Bon Appétit!
Peanut Dipping Sauce
Combine the peanut butter, sesame oil, extra virgin olive oil, tamari sauce, honey and lemon in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Serve immediately.
* Timesaver Tip: Blanch the snow peas with the vermicelli rice noodles to save time and dishes.
* Equipment: This recipe contains links to products that I use and love myself. These links may contain affiliate links, meaning if you click the link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you.
* Nutrition: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and does not include any other condiments or garnishes. Although Curated Life Studio attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered as estimates and do not replace or substitute a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Serving: 2Spring Roll | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 55.3g | Protein: 9.7g | Fat: 3.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 4.3g | Sugar: 6.6g | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg