Broccoli & Quinoa Salad with Orange Peanut Dressing
Filled with fresh, bright and nutritious vegetables, sunflower seeds and a healthy peanut dressing, this Broccoli Salad with Peanut Dressing is like eating sunshine on a plate.
Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- 4 cups (1 litre) filtered water
- 1 cup tri-coloured quinoa rinsed
- 1 head of broccoli florets and stalks finely chopped*
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage finely chopped
- 1 avocado seed removed, cubed.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds slightly toasted
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup organic broccoli sprouts washed optional
Orange, Peanut & Miso Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 tbsp organic miso paste
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Broccoli Salad (Instructions)
Fill a medium-sized pot with 1 litre of water and include the tri-colour quinoa. Place the steamer ontop and fill with the broccoli florets and stalks. Bring to simmer and cook for approximately 18 minutes. Once cooked, remove the pot from the stove, strain the quinoa and allow to cool.
While the quinoa and broccoli is cooking, chop the spring onions, red cabbage, pit and cube the avocado and toast the sunflower seeds.
Toss all the salad ingredients into a bowl, drizzle the salad dressing and serve immediately. Bon Appétit! :)
How To Make The Peanut & Miso Salad Dressing (Instructions)
In a separate bowl, whisk the orange juice, the miso paste, peanut butter and extra virgin olive oil until well combined.
* BROCCOLI TIP - Cut the broccoli from the stem downwards to avoid the broccoli buds blanketing your bench.
* STEAMER - If you don't have a pot with a strainer, use a stainless steel sieve.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 37.8g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 25.1g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 806mg | Fiber: 10.2g | Sugar: 14.5g | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 3mg