Easy Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry
Your next favourite veg recipe with cauliflower! Prepared in 25 minutes, this one-pot Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry with Spinach is not only gluten and dairy-free, it is vegan and completely delicious!
Servings: 4 servings
Curry Spice Blend
- 1/2 red onion peeled, roughly chopped
- 4cm fresh ginger root peeled
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cauliflower washed, broken into small florets
- 1 cup (250ml) filtered water
- 1 (400ml) can coconut milk*
- 1 (400ml) can organic chickpeas
- 125 g organic spinach washed, roughly chopped
- handful coriander leaves (cilantro)
- brown rice to serve (optional)
Curry Spice Blend Method
In a blender or food processor, blitz the red onion, ginger, garlic, curry powder and turmeric with 5 tbsp of water until a paste is formed. (If you don't have a blender, simply finely chop the onion, garlic and mince the ginger. Continue with the Instructions as usual).
Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry Method
In a medium sized pot, warm the extra virgin oil. (Test the temperature of the oil by adding 1 cumin seed, it should crackle). Once the oil is warmed, add the cumin seeds and cook for approximately 1 minute. Add the Curry Spice Blend and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant and no liquid remains.
Add the cauliflower florets and stir through the curry paste until well covered. Add the water and coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for approximately 15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
Add the chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir through the spinach and coriander leaves until wilted.
Serve with brown rice. Bon Appétit! :)
* Coconut Milk - For a Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry without coconut milk, substitute with 400ml of soy milk.
Nutrition calculation does not include garnish or brown rice.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.9g | Protein: 9.2g | Fat: 26.6g | Saturated Fat: 17.2g | Sodium: 730mg | Fiber: 8.1g | Sugar: 4.2g | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 7mg