Coconut Curry Soup with Potato & Rice Noodles
One-pot dish, a delicious, easy-to-make soup using any vegetables you have available. The best bit? It’s healthy, tasty and on the table in under 30 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
Coconut Curry Soup Ingredients
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp curry paste of choice*
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 medium carrot peeled & cubed
- 2 medium potatoes peeled & cubed
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock or filtered water
- 400ml low-fat coconut milk*
- 1 kaffir lime leaf* (optional)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 150g snow peas
- 250g flat rice noodles cooked as per packet instructions
- fresh herbs (coriander, basil, chives or scallions)
- fresh chilli or flakes (optional)
How To Make Curry Soup (Step-by-Step Instructions)
In a large pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil over a medium-heat. Add the curry paste and ginger, cooking for a few minutes until fragrant.
Add the cubed carrot and potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add 4 cups of vegetable stock or filtered water, coconut milk and the kaffir lime leaf. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are el dente.
Stir through the soy sauce and brown sugar and season to taste. Add the snow peas and simmer for approximately 2 minutes until they become bright green. Remove from the heat.
To serve, divide the rice noodles among 4 bowls and laddle over the curry soup broth and vegetables. Serve with your favourite fresh herbs and chilli. Bon appétit :)
* Curry Paste - Any curry paste is a good substitute. I love Thai Green, Thai Red or Madras Curry Paste as a substitute.
* Kaffir Lime Leaf Substitute - 1 tsp lime zest
* Coconut Milk Alternative - soy milk
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 71.1g | Protein: 4.9g | Fat: 10.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 511mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 3.5g | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg