Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne with Black Beans and Quinoa
Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne with black beans, quinoa and plenty of veggies. A simple one-pot dish and perfect for beginners!
Servings: 4 servings
Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red capsicum seeds removed, cut into cubes
- 2 Coriander sprigs washed, sprigs finely chopped, leaves put aside for garnish
- 1 cup tri-colour quinoa rinsed under water
- ¾ cups dry black beans cooked (or 2 x 400g can of black beans)
- 600 ml filtered water
- 400 g canned whole Italian tomatoes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 1/2 tsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Brown rice cooked as per packet instructions
- Natural yogurt (or vegan equivalent)
- Cilantro leaves to garnish
- Avocado, cubed
In a medium-sized pot, heat extra virgin olive oil over a medium heat. Add the red onion and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until the onions are clear. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Stir through the cubed capsicum, chopped coriander stalks and Chilli Seasoning. While stirring occassionally, cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Stir through the quinoa, black beans, canned whole Italian tomatoes and 600ml of filtered water. Bring to a gentle simmer, stir occassionally, and cook for 30 minutes until the quinoa is el dente. (If the beans and quinoa soak up too much of the liquid, add an additional splash of water)
Serve on some fluffy brown rice with a dollop of yogurt and cilantro leaves to garnish! Bon Appètit! :)
* Cayenne pepper can be spicy for some. Season to suit your personal taste.
Note: Nutrition calculation does not include serving suggestions.
Nutrition: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Although Curated Life Studio attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered as estimates and do not replace or substitute a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 44.9g | Protein: 10.8g | Fat: 6.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Sodium: 581mg | Potassium: 885mg | Sugar: 5.7g | Calcium: 1154mg | Iron: 5mg