Easy Miso Soup with Soba Noodles & Enoki Mushrooms
A delicious and authentic Easy Miso Soup recipe with soba noodles and enoki mushrooms! Simple, vegan, gluten free and filled with plenty of nutritional benefits!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 sticks of kombu seaweed (optional)
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 cups (1 litre & 500ml) filtered water
- 20g shredded wakame seaweed (optional)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled and finely minced.
- 250g organic firm tofu finely cubed
- 300g enoki mushrooms
- 4 tbsp organic red miso paste
- 180g buckwheat soba noodles* (to serve) cooked as per packet instructions
- 2 litre jar or bowl
- 1 knife
- 1 chopping board
- 1 medium-sized pan
- 1 medium-sized pot
- measuring spoons and cups
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 sieve
In a large jar, soak the kombu seaweed and shiitake mushrooms overnight, or for a minimum for 4 hours.
Once soaked, remove the shiitake mushrooms from the dashi. Remove the mushroom caps, thinly slice and set aside for the miso soup.
Pour the dashi and the remaining kombu in a medium-sized pot along with the shredded wakame seaweed. On a low to medium heat, gently simmer for 10 minutes ensuring the water doesn't come to boil. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
Turn off the stove. Remove and discard the kombu.
While the dashi is simmering on the stove, in a medium-sized pan warm the extra virgin olive oil and cook the minced garlic for 2 minutes. Add the tofu cubes, shiitake and enoki mushrooms. Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Stir the miso paste through the dashi until well dissolved. Serve with the tofu, shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms and soba noodles. Bon Appétite! ?
* Not all soba noodles are created equal, ensure you read the ingredients to make sure they are 100% gluten-free.
If you do not plan to eat the miso soup immediately, do not to store the soba noodles in the soup as the noodles will absorb the liquid and become soggy!
Nutrition: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Although Curated Life Studio attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered as estimates and do not replace or substitute a professional nutritionist's advice.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.4g | Protein: 10.7g | Fat: 2.9g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 418g | Sodium: 770mg | Fiber: 3.9g | Sugar: 4.8g | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 2.2mg