This 3 ingredient Healthy Frittata Recipe is perfect for those protein rich breakfasts, lazy picnic lunches or quick speedy dinners. Serve with crusty bread or a lovely side salad; you will be completely smitten!
Change flooded our month, bringing a tide of uncertainty, excitement and fresh beginnings.
After months of living apart, my partner managed to secure a permanent role in Queensland, where we live. As a consequence of his new dream job, we found a gorgeous new home where we could be together permanently.
Despite having moved the year prior, we had completely forgotten how stressful moving homes could be.
Quickly our apartment became submerged in scavenged boxes, tissue paper and bubble wrap. Utilities had to be connected, appliances bought, and crockery packed away.
Shortly after taping a box shut, we would have to reopen it to recover the treasure buried deep inside, most likely at the bottom. We nostalgically sifted through old photographs, unwanted gifts we felt guilty of discarding, and we discovered items we had no idea we owned until at last, our life was packed in cardboard and labelled with a black marker.
The real estate agent would lead people through our once tiny apartment, the inspectors forced to step over the mountains of boxes. We could hardly move, let alone prepare a healthy or delicious meal.
Normally cooking is meditative for me. I enjoy plucking the fresh ingredients from the shelves and transforming them into a healthy plate of food. But with most of our cooking utensils packed away, preparing our meals became a fun challenge, a game. One pan, one spoon, under five ingredients.
That’s where this Healthy Frittata Recipe came into play. With less than 30 minutes preparation time and three ingredients, we had a scrumptious meal to get us through the few weeks of craziness.
The great thing about this dish is not only is it ridiculously easy, but you can also make it with different variations. Try it with “Roasted Capsicum, chèvre cheese and spinach”, “Potato, rosemary and anchovies”, or “Zucchini, pea, mint and crumbled feta.”
2I would love to hear your go-to meal in the comments section below! 🙂
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 500g mushrooms, debris removed finely sliced
- 120g baby spinach, washed
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- bread to serve (optional)
- Preheat the grill to 180 degrees celsius.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a large deep frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add the mushrooms, and cook occasionally stirring for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms are a golden brown.
- Once the mushrooms are brown, add the spinach and stir through until slightly wilted.
- Shake the pan, so the ingredients are well distributed, and pour in the whisked eggs. Reduce the heat to a low, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes until the frittata is almost set, but the top is still moist. Remove the pan from the stove.
- Place the pan under the grill for approximately 2 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown.
- Remove the frittata, divide into four portions and serve with crusty bread or a light salad! Bon Appétit! 🙂