There is no better way to start a morning than with fluffy pancakes drizzled with sticky maple syrup!
This easy vegan pancake recipe is not only egg-free, but it’s also light and guilt-free!
I’m not a morning person and yet it is my favourite time of the day. I love the stillness. The touch of the cool air on my skin, the way the light dances through the blinds and savouring cups of freshly brewed tea. There is something romantic about being in your lover’s arms, without having a word to say, entwined between layers of thick blankets.
This particular morning, however, was different. While enjoying mouthfuls of fluffy pancake drowned in maple syrup, my partner was ranting about Instagram Influencers promoting brands like Louis Vuitton. Normally the energy would agitate me, but I found his words so inspiring that I felt inclined to share them with you.
There is one thing to be an ambassador, but what about an ambassador of an idea or a concept? Many of these people have the platform where they could promote equality, sustainability, or respect towards this or that; something that is good for the planet. But, when you do it for a luxury brand that extorts people and only targets people with money, what’s the point? It’s not real beauty.
Luxury is not a good motivation. You see it everywhere, you can’t afford it and it only encourages people to focus on money. It’s the wrong idea to be spreading to the world.
If you influence people in a different way, to work at doing something to help people or the environment, they aren’t going to spend their time earning money to buy something useless. It’s “flashy” but there is no true difference as to what the object is achieving, whether it’s a car or a handbag.
If people spent the same amount of energy towards a good cause, the world would be a better place.
We wouldn’t buy things for the sake of it. We wouldn’t place a greater value on objects than we do over people, and perhaps we could invest that in learning something new or creating something beautiful.
Is there anything more delicious than an easy pancake recipe and a good rant?! 😉
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/3 cups of plain flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups of soy milk
- 3 Tablespoons coconut Oil
- Small mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Egg beater or whisk
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, and baking soda. Stir until bubbling and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the plain flour, baking powder and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar mixture, vanilla essence and soy milk into the large mixing bowl. Using the egg beater or whisk, mix until the pancake batter is well combined.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat.* Add a small portion of the coconut oil to lubricate the pan. In batches, cook one ladle of the pancake mixture for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with maple syrup to serve, Bon Appétit! 🙂
- * A smaller frying pan will create fluffier pancakes as opposed to a larger pan.